Many people question the need for a pool cover when they have a heated pool. To try and save money they avoid buying a pool cover thinking they both serve the same purpose, but they don’t.
In truth, not buying a pool cover for your pool, will ultimately end up costing you more money in the long term. So, if you’re wondering whether you really need a pool cover with your heated pool, we’d say that while it’s not a necessity, it’s a good investment.
Benefits of covering a heated pool with a pool cover
There are many benefits to be had by investing in a pool cover for your heated pool. These include:
- Lowers cost of pool heating – A pool cover or blanket can help retain the heat in your pool during the winter months. This means your heater won’t have to work as hard to keep your pool at a certain temperature. We’re not just talking a few cents, either. It has been estimated that a pool cover can save you up to 50% on your heating costs.
- Reduces water evaporation – Pools lose a lot of water through evaporation and a heated pool loses even more since the warmth of the water promotes evaporation. You may be interested to know that a pool cover can reduce water evaporation by 50-70% – Now that is a lot of water!
- Makes your pool safer – Pool safety is naturally a big concern, particularly if you have young children with many also living in the vicinity. A pool cover for your heated pool will prevent a child from falling in and save them from drowning.
- Less maintenance – A pool cover keeps out leaves and debris which means you won’t have to spend as much time cleaning your pool before it can be used.
- Makes pool chemicals more efficient – Another expense of keeping the water clean and healthy is pool chemicals. Covering your heated pool with a cover lowers the amount of exposure to the open air which means that the chemicals won’t break down as fast. This, in turn, makes pool chemicals more efficient which means that not only will you find yourself spending less money on chemicals, but you’ll also spend less time treating your pool too 😊
- Helps prevent algae – By creating a barrier between the air and the pool water, fewer airborne spores will be able to settle in your pool.
- Do your bit for the environment – Not only is a pool cover for your heated pool good for your family and your wallet, but you’ll also be using less energy, lowering your electricity bill, and reducing your carbon footprint and playing a small part in helping to save the environment.
Contact us for a quote
If you’d like to benefit from the above advantages (and who wouldn’t) why not contact the pool cover experts at Just Covers. We design and install high-quality pool covers for pools of any shape and size.